Administrative Specialist III
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Regional Extension Center|
|Description:||To perform general administrative and secretarial functions to support the Direct Project staff. This position is located in Nashville, TN.|
Qsource provides equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to gender, race, color, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. To provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
|Duties:||• Provides administrative support services to program areas.|
• Provides limited back up for the other program staff.
• Performs general duties such as emailing, filing, telephone support, photocopying, scanning and fax.
• Responsible for placing orders for general office supplies as required.
• Ability to timely meet agreed upon deadlines and accurately prepare and type bids, proposal responses, contracts, letters, reports, memoranda and other material from copy, rough draft, transcribing machine or other prescribed instructions.
• Ability to act as secretary in the various meetings, writing and distributing minutes and monitoring the maintenance of appropriate records and files.
• Ability to act in a liaison capacity between appropriate management personnel and staff, transmitting decisions to organizational units as appropriate, as well as outside agencies and organizations.
• Ability to maintain regular communication with outside agencies and organizations to obtain or relay information, research problems, coordinate meetings.
• Ability to maintain appropriate management personnel daily calendars and coordinate specific meetings with other staff.
• Secure travel arrangements for associates to provide them with cost-effective but practical travel, based on Qsource Policies and Procedures.
• Ability to assemble and prepare information for administrative decisions relieving superiors of quasi-administrative details and paperwork.
|Qualifications:||Skills and Abilities:|
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent proofreading skills.
• Ability to type 60 wpm.
• Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
• Maintain flexibility as required by the demands of the organization.
• Ability to record and transcribe minutes at various meetings.
• Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
• Ability to follow instructions and concentrate on details.
• Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures such as filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Proficiency in operation of normal office equipment.
• Proficiency in computer skills and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access) along with ability to train others on system usage.
• Project coordination expertise.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in a related field.
• Experience in the health care field preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.