Health Information Technology Specialist
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Regional Extension Center|
|Description:||The Health Information Technology (HIT) Specialist supports and promotes Qsource and contractor health information technology initiatives to assist targeted physician practices and/or CAH’s/RHC’s regarding their office staff in HIT adoption, implementation of care management processes for preventive services, and/or quality improvement efforts. |
Multiple positions available - these are remote (work from home) positions. Openings in West, Middle and East TN.
Qsource provides equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to gender, race, color, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. To provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
|Duties:||• Provide support via training to all assigned physician practice groups and/or all assigned CAH’s/RHC’s regarding HIT adoption, continuous quality improvement efforts, and effective uses of data through on-site visits, regional meetings, scheduled conference calls, webinars, and ad hoc requests for additional involvement.|
• Recruit physician office practices, as assigned, for participation in HIT adoption and quality improvement efforts.
• Work with electronic health record (EHR) vendors to ensure that their products allow practices to effectively utilize care management reporting tools.
• Participate in vendor workgroup sessions.
• Facilitate vendor trainings and demonstrations on care management reporting.
• Provide input in the design of clinical software and reports.
• Participate in the development and feedback of measurement data.
• Participate in presentations for feedback, continuous quality improvement (CQI) tools and techniques, software use, and data interpretation.
• Present project work at professional meetings, including conferences and exhibits, as requested.
|Qualifications:||Education and Experience|
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, public health, education, healthcare discipline, medical information technology or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of two years experience in a healthcare setting (sales, marketing, physician office) required.
• Minimum of two years health information technology application experience required.
• Educational presentation skills desirable.
• Certification in health information technology or related area a plus.
CPEHR, CPHIT or CPHIE preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
• Knowledge of the health care system/environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with medical terminology.
• Significant travel.
• Must be able to lift boxes weighing 20-30 lbs.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.