Medical Records Coordinator
|Location:||Little Rock, AR|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||QSource of Arkansas|
|Description:||Responsible for all aspects of medical records requests, receipt, tracking and filing. Implement and maintain file room control procedures in accordance with confidentiality policies. Position located in downtown Little Rock office.|
Qsource provides equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to gender, race, color, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. To provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
|Duties:||• Responsible for various administrative, clerical & technical processes in support of medical record files and case review. |
• Maintain a secure, HIPPA compliant, medical records room; as well as electronic records at all times.
• Maintain file room control on charts to include daily filing; tracking charts received and routing to appropriate locations, scanning and auditing incoming records (as applicable); retrieval of cases for reviewers and/or other staff.
• Purging and maintenance of medical record information based on retention guidelines/requirements.
• Perform other general duties such as data entry filing, mail, fax, and typing as needed for case review department.
• Serve as liaison for external contacts doing business with case review department related to requests for medical records and monitoring for receipt of records.
• Periodic monitoring of files of all review tracking activities for timeliness of review.
|Qualifications:||Education and Experience:|
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of three years of relevant experience required; medical records experience preferred.
• At least one year data entry experience preferred.
• One year computer experience preferred.
• General knowledge of medical terminology, medical record content and structure required.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and move stacks of medical records weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel).
• Must be able to type 35 wpm and do 10-key by touch.
• Must be detail-oriented (accurate typing and data entry skills).
• Must be able to work in a confined space to include stooping, bending, squatting and reaching to retrieve and/or file charts.
• Proficiency in operation of normal office equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and professional oral and written communication skills.
• On occasion, may be required to stand for prolonged periods (2 + hours).
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.