Computer Support Specialist
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Maintain computer hardware, software, and operating system on devices connected to the Corporate Network (LAN) as well as the SDPS Network (LAN). Assist in maintaining connectivity of data, video-conferencing and voice communications. Also assist in monitoring network security.|
|Duties:||• Assist in the management of operating systems for both Corporate Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network along with SDPS Microsoft Area Networks including system security, adding users, maintaining menus and operating systems and operating systems support.|
• Serves as backup to the Network Administrator (Corp) and Network Administrator (SDPS) for mission critical applications and environments.
• Serves as second level support for the server backups and data restore procedures as necessary.
• Serves as second level support for maintaining system backup log citing date and type of each backup and whether or not it was successful.
• Provides technical support for the phone and voice mail systems as necessary.
• Perform problem diagnostics and regular maintenance on all hardware. .
• Assist in the maintaining of a hardware/software (Remedy) database, periodically performing assistance in physical inventory to reconcile.
• Provides daily technical assistance support to all SDPS/Corporate LAN/WAN users as needed.
• Assist in supporting Video Conference Equipment.
|Qualifications:||• Associates degree in a related field or equivalent experience.|
• Three (3) years experience configuring and supporting local area networks and PCs with a working knowledge of Windows, XP/7 and Microsoft Active Directory account management, Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 operating system and Exchange/Outlook email.
• Ability to lift and move computer equipment (approximately 50 pounds).
• Ability to communicate with all levels of users.
• Ability to travel to remote locations as needed.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.